As with the Babs, it’s difficult to remember back to the main construction of the Avenger. Being an Academy kit, added to the fact that I have previously built this same kit with no issues, I would bet that I didn’t have too hard of a time getting this build together. However, I do remember this kit getting hit while it was in the garage drying from its belly being painted. The underside came apart and needed re-affixed and sanded. That wasn’t too nice of a challenge at that particular time. Nevertheless, we made it through and here we are.
The WWII Pacific schemes are outright stunning and this one is no different. I’m happy to get this particular scheme accomplished. My last one was the all Sea Blue scheme. Final paint and assembly went as I could hope for. The few decals went on very well. Weathering was done over the whole aircraft even though it really doesn’t show to well on the Sea Blue.
For those of you with an eagle eye, you’ll notice that the machine gun is missing from the turret. This was my fault in planning. I thought I could slip the assembled turret in after final paint. Unfortunately not the case. After some careful surgery and trial fit tests, I concluded that only the glass could be manipulated enough to fit in. Bummer! So I stressfully squeezed and twisted the turret into place. No glue needed! It’s an unfortunate error on my part but I don’t think it detracts from the final product.