I have to admit that I didn’t think that the F-4 would turn out this well. Needless to say, I am very happy with the results. This build may have taken more time than I liked but it was an enjoyable one.
The build itself went great. The way this kit is put together left me nervous at times. I was worried that the seams on the sides of the fuselage would have a bad fit. They turned out to be an almost perfect fit.
The negatives of the build were of my own doing like always. The first problem was losing one of the rear landing gear struts. The second was not having the right paint color when I needed it. To make that one even worse, while I was looking through my greys yesterday, I found a new jar of neutral gray. Turns out that I had it all along. Oh well. I have learned to change my process and check my paint colors in the beginning of the build to give me enough time to compensate if I’m missing a color.