The next kit to be completed will be the Su-27. The Sea Fury and F-4 sit dormant until I wrap the Flanker up and can get out to my airbrush for final paint.
I’m happy to almost be done with the Flanker. I literally spent two hours applying the decals yesterday. They are quite impressive. Lots of little ones to apply but they add a lot to the visual aspect.
My worst fear came to fruition when I removed the mask from the exhaust. Most of the paint came off with it yet again including little areas of the blue. I didn’t want to risk any more peeling so I hand painted it with jet exhaust along with some aluminum accents. Not the best looking fix but it’s better than starting the entire paint process all over again. I’ll try to get it weathered today and aim for final assembly on Monday.