Going from a box of parts to an actual airplane is a rewarding and sometimes grinding achievement. I can’t say that I enjoy the more difficult kits, but I can say that I appreciate the lessons they teach. One of the more important ones is never taking the easier builds for granted. I am currently faced with eight of those kits. All of my current builds have established an efficient flow to themselves.
The P-38 is going well but due to the detail, I am lagging behind. Revell did a great job with this kit. I have the main fuselage together and I now need to do the weathering and detailing on the engines and the gun bay. It was very difficult to find a place to add the ballast. With the nose section opened up to expose the guns, I couldn’t put them in there like I normally would. I added as much as I could around the cockpit and my fingers are crossed. I will try to sneak a few in the nose cone and maybe some in the wheel well. I still have a few more days on the details before I can get the rest of the fuselage going.
The Skyray has been neglected until yesterday. I finished up all the pre-painting that needed to be done and I will begin on the cockpit today. The detail looks pretty good so I am excited to get moving along.
As for the Harrier, Typhoon, Defiant, Alpha Jet, M.S.406, and D.520, the fuselages have been affixed together and sanded. I spent a good amount of time yesterday knocking the seams down and smoothing them out. I added some filler to the D.520 this morning and primed the other five. I will let the primer dry and then see if I need to address anything else.